International Communist Movement
Appeal of the International Conference of Marxist-Leninist Parties and Organizations
The International Conference of Marxist-Leninist Parties and Organizations, meeting in plenary session, appeals to the workers and peoples to celebrate this May Day in a combative fashion. It is necessary to mobilize, to ceaselessly raise the level of our struggle against capitalist exploitation and oppression.
Imperialism is confronting a very deep crisis, despite all that they try to make us believe. The peoples have to bear the blows of ‘our’ reactionaries and the whole gang of opportunists who are playing their game. Reaction is placing on the backs of the peoples, in the first place on the shoulders of the workers, all the burdens of its crisis and its consequences, its policies of plunder, aggression and war.
We have to confront numerous problems, such as unemployment, poverty-level wages, discrimination against women, marginalization of the youth, class teaching and teaching of obscurantism, etc. The bourgeoisie and capitalism are increasing their brutal domination and oppression. It is against all of this that we, the communists, are fighting and it is for this reason that we are the main target of reaction. It has not spared us blows, we have suffered serious setbacks and losses. But the communist spirit and ideals are completely timely and retain all their vitality.
Confronting the obscurantism of reaction, against pessimism and the spirit of capitulation, we must raise higher the banner of progress, of the freedom of the peoples, of the revolution. The future belongs to us, but it is necessary to go forward to win it. Our banners of struggle are also banners of hope. Our enemies are trying to divide the people, to turn us one against the other. They stir up racism and xenophobia. It is against this as well that we must fight with determination. Neither the colour of one’s skin, nor one’s language, nor cultural differences can justify confrontations among peoples. On the contrary, class unity against our oppressors, fraternal solidarity among the workers and peoples should always be present in our struggles. Today more than ever our slogan remains in force: ‘Workers of the world, unite!’
Our conference, on this May Day, salutes the popular movements and the struggles that are taking place in Ecuador, Burkina Faso, Colombia, Venezuela, Bolivia, Indonesia, South Korea and many other countries. In the world today, in spite of reaction and the undermining work of the opportunists and the reformist trade union bureaucrats, the struggles of the peoples against the yoke of capital is growing and developing. We are in solidarity with the peoples, countries and nations who are victims of imperialist barbarism, such as Iraq, Cuba, Yugoslavia, Kosovo, Checheniya and so many others.
Our era is not one of the ‘end of history’ and of a ‘single thought,’ as reaction claims. Quite the contrary, we are in the era that Lenin defined as that of decadent imperialism and the proletarian revolutions in motion.
That is why, this May Day, the international day of the workers of the whole world, we in our countries wave the red flag of the proletariat and of the struggle for national liberation. We call on the peoples to mobilize themselves, to develop their struggles boldly, to dare to confront national and international reaction. The proletarians and the peoples, today as yesterday, have nothing to lose but the chains which oppress us, and so much to win.
Long Live May Day!
Long Live International Solidarity!
Conference of Marxist-Leninist Parties and Organizations:
Communist Party of Benin, PCB; Communist Party of Chile (Proletarian Action), PC(AP); Communist Party of Colombia Marxist-Leninist, PCC(ML); Communist Party of the Workers of Denmark; Marxist-Leninist Communist Party of Ecuador, PCMLE; Communist Party of the Workers of France, PCOF; Communist Party of Germany, KPD; Organization for the Reconstruction of the Communist Party of Greece; Party of Labour of Iran, Toufan; Organization for the Reconstruction of the Communist Party of the Proletariat of Italy; Communist Party of Mexico Marxist-Leninist, PCM (ML); Communist Organization ‘Revolution’ of Norway; Communist Organization ‘October’, Spain; Revolutionary Communist Party of Turkey, TDKP; Red Flag Party, Venezuela; Revolutionary Communist Party of Volta, PCRV.
2. Resolution on the Revolutionary Process in Burkina Faso
1) As throughout the world and particularly in Africa, Burkina Faso is undergoing a many-sided structural adjustment crisis (an economic, political and institutional, social and moral crisis). The vile and horrible assassination of the progressive journalist Norbert Zongo and his three companions on December 13, 1998, at Sapouy (100 km. From Ouagadougou, the capital) by the authorities of the IVth Republic is one of the factors that has revealed this crisis. It has as well been the trigger of a vast popular movement (the movement ‘Enough is enough’) of struggle against exemption from punishment and for winning political liberty which, under the leadership of the Collective of Mass Democratic Organizations and Political Parties (CODMPP), has been shaking the country for more than 16 months. The platform of the Collective takes into account the democratic aspirations of the people of Burkina Faso and their aspirations for a qualitative political change in their favor.
2) Faced with this powerful popular movement, which is unprecedented in the country, and which has undergone a burst of patriotic energy for national salvation, the authorities of the IVth Republic (with the mafia clan of Blaise Campoaré and his party-state, the Congress For Democracy - CDP - at its head), supported by imperialism, especially French imperialism, has done everything possible to stifle the legitimate aspirations of the people of Burkina Faso. Thus:
It has unleashed barbarous repression against the leaders and members of the CODMPP and against the whole people: arrests, tortures, assassinations, death threats, administrative sanctions, shooting at demonstrators with real bullets, sham trials, organizing of fascist-type militias, etc.;
At the same time, using delaying tactics and dirty political tricks (creation of numerous phony commissions whose work continues aimlessly, inadmissible pressures on the judicial apparatus, crude frame-ups against democrats, revolutionaries and communists, etc.), it is trying to gain time, to divert the people, to lead the popular movement astray in order to eliminate it.
3) Despite these facts, the people are increasing their mobilization every day, they are gaining confidence, organizing themselves better, reinforcing their determination and their will to win their just demands, supporting the CODMPP, which is proving more and more each day to be the real representative of the country. The political consequence of all this is the deepening of the chasm which separates the rulers from the ruled in Burkina Faso, where the march of events is showing the signs of an approaching revolutionary situation. All this indicates that Burkina Faso is ripe for a revolution.
4) The Conference of Marxist-Leninist Parties and Organizations, meeting in April, 2000:
denounces and condemns the fascistic reactionary and authorities of the IVth Republic who have sold out their country and who have transformed the neo-colonial state of Burkina Faso into a mafia and mercenary state;
denounces the manoeuvres of imperialism, especially French imperialism, which is trying to prevent the emancipation of the people of Burkina Faso in order to continue to keep them under their thumb;
firmly supports the just struggle of the people of Burkina Faso for their emancipation;
salutes the decisive role which the Revolutionary Communist Party of Volta (PCRV) is playing in the present struggle of the people of Burkina Faso; firmly supports them in their efforts to set up a Provisional Revolutionary Government (GRP), the convocation of a Constituent National Assembly (ANC) for the realization of the National Democratic and Popular Revolution (RNDP).;
calls on all the Marxist-Leninist parties and organizations to give their internationalist support to the people of Burkina Faso and to the PCRV in their struggle for the advent of a democratic and popular government in Burkina Faso.
Communist Party of Benin, PCB; Communist Party of Chile (Proletarian Action), PC(AP); Communist Party of Colombia (Marxist-Leninist), PCC(ML); Communist Party of the Workers of Denmark; Marxist-Leninist Communist Party of Ecuador, PCMLE; Communist Party of the Workers of France, PCOF; Communist Party of Germany, KPD; Organization for the Reconstruction of the Communist Party of Greece; Party of Labour of Iran (TOUFAN); Organization for the Reconstruction of the Communist Party of the Proletariat of Italy; Communist Party of Mexico (Marxist-Leninist), PCM(ML); Marxist-Leninist Group ‘Revolution’ of Norway; Communist Organization ‘October’ of Spain; Revolutionary Communist Party of Turkey, TDKP; Red Flag Party of Venezuela; Revolutionary Communist Party of Volta, PCRV.
3. Resolution on Denmark
The International Conference of Marxist-Leninist Parties and Organizations salutes the holding of the first congress of the Communist Party of the Workers of Denmark, a member of the international communist movement. For the Conference, the success of this congress is also its own success and the strengthening of the Communist Party of the Workers of Denmark is also our strengthening.
Comrades, we wish full success to your congress, and we believe that your effective integration into the Conference, with its objectives and tasks, will contribute to our strengthening and, in fact, to the strengthening of the international communist movement. This is the commitment that we make to you.
The struggles of the working class worldwide and the conditions of exploitation which it suffers demand the strengthening of the communist vanguard at an international level and in each of our countries, and we think that this orientation will only be realized if our parties link themselves politically and organizationally to the working class and the working masses; it is this condition which will let us succeed in guiding the masses for the conquest of political power and for the construction of socialism on the theoretical basis of Marxism-Leninism.
We wish with all our heart that the comrades of Denmark accomplish these objectives and we have confidence in them, these objectives are also in accord with the proletariat and the future of history.
Long live the first congress of the Communist Party of the Workers of Denmark!
Long live the International Conference of Marxist-Leninist Parties and Organizations!
Long live Marxism-Leninism!
Click here to return to the September 2000 index.